Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any idea why this window appears.....?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jnulu

jnulu

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

A strange window appears, (most times, but not necessarily always) whenever I boot my PC up.
You can view a picture of the window at the following URL:

http://tinyurl.com/d9ydo

This window appears after Microsofts welcome splash screen but BEFORE the logon screen.
The logon screen appears, if I (as the administrator) set up another account, say, for a guest.
But most of the time I am the only user and hence there is no logon screen as I turn off the guest account.
The ONLY way I can get rid of this window is to click the OK button that appears in the window.
Once I do click OK, the window goes away and the desktop with my icons appears and all is well!
In some of the forums I have posted about this problem, I was told that it could be an empty
LegalNoticeCaption window.
However, deleting these string values in the Registry did not help solve the problem.
Taking a look at Start Up did not reveal anything unusual either.
I have MS' antispyware beta, Spybot S&D, Adaware SE professional and Nod32 antivirus loaded
on my Intel P4, 3.4gHz, 1 Gb Ram computer.
The PC is uses Windows XP professional.
But for this pesky window, the PC runs fine.
Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:22 AM

I have MS' antispyware beta, Spybot S&D, Adaware SE professional and Nod32 antivirus loaded

So did you run a scan with these programs? You said that they are on your computer. Are they ALL updated with the latest detection updates, and have you run a full scan with each of them?

Edited by Joshuacat, 05 August 2005 - 10:40 AM.

JC

#3 jnulu

jnulu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:16 PM

Yes, all the programs are upto date and they have found nothing amiss on my sytem.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.
Regards :thumbsup:

#4 Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:00 AM

A strange window appears, (most times, but not necessarily always) whenever I boot my PC up.
You can view a picture of the window at the following URL:

http://tinyurl.com/d9ydo

This window appears after Microsofts welcome splash screen but BEFORE the logon screen.
The logon screen appears, if I (as the administrator) set up another account, say, for a guest.
But most of the time I am the only user and hence there is no logon screen as I turn off the guest account.
The ONLY way I can get rid of this window is to click the OK button that appears in the window.
Once I do click OK, the window goes away and the desktop with my icons appears and all is well!
In some of the forums I have posted about this problem, I was told that it could be an empty
LegalNoticeCaption window.
However, deleting these string values in the Registry did not help solve the problem.
Taking a look at Start Up did not reveal anything unusual either.
on my Intel P4, 3.4gHz, 1 Gb Ram computer.
The PC is uses Windows XP professional.
But for this pesky window, the PC runs fine.
Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards :thumbsup:

Hmmm... when you say no unusual in StartUp - you are talking startup folder(s) or msconfig?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users