Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Girls should dig geeks...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:30 AM

In the wide world of dating, there are many options. Do you go for the flashy guy with the smooth smile, or the dude in the corner typing away on his laptop? The following are reasons why I think my fellow females should pay more attention to the quiet geeks and nerds, and less attention to the flashy boys.

1.) While geeks and nerds may be awkward, they’re well-meaning 9 out of 10 times. That smooth dude with the sly grin and the spider hands? Wonder what HIS intentions are... plus, I’ve never had a geek guy not call me when he said he would. Score major points THERE.

2.) They’re useful. In this tech-savvy world, it’s great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself.

3.) They’re more romantic than they’re given credit for. Ok true, their idea of romance might be to make up a spiffy web-page with all the reasons why they love you, with links to pics of you and sonnets and such... but hey. It lasts longer than flowers, plus you can show your friends.

4.) Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from. You like ‘em tall and slender? There are plenty of geeks/nerds who are. You like ‘em smaller with more meat on their bones? Got that too.

5.) They’ve got brains. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?

6.) Most are quite good at remembering dates. Like birthdates and such, especially if they know it’ll make you happy. Due again to their neglected status, they’re more attentive than guys who “have more options”. Plus, with all that down time without a steady girlfriend, they’ll likely have mental lists of all the things they’d love to do once they GOT a girlfriend.

8.) They’re relatively low-maintenance. Most can be fueled on pizza, Twinkies and Mt Dew. No complicated dinners needed here, so if you’re not the best cook, eh. Can you order a pizza?

9.) Most frequent bars as often as slugs frequent salt mines. You won’t have to worry much about your geek guy getting his “groove” on with club hotties because, frankly, he’ll be too busy rooting around under his computer wondering where that spare cable went. You won’t have to worry about him flirting with other women because, 9 out of 10 times, he’ll zip right by them in a perfect b-line towards the nearest electronics store. I’ve seen this happen.
Me: “Eww. Victoria Secret’s Models... They’re so skinny. How is that feminine? You can see her ribs!”
Geek Guy: “ooooooo...”
Me: “Hey!” *notices he is staring lustfully towards the computer store*
Geek Guy: “What?”
Me: “Never mind..."

10.) Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet. Plus, if he doesn’t want to go someplace with you, you won’t have to worry much about what he’s up to. You’ll probably come home to find him asleep on his keyboard in a sea of Mt. Dew cans with code blinking from the screen. It’s ok. He’s used to this. Just toss a blanket over him and turn out the light.

11.) His friends aren’t jerks. I can’t stress this enough. You’ll more likely get “Omg! A GIRL!! They’re awkward geeks too and will, 9 times out of 10, treat you with the utmost respect and, more than likely, a note of awe. A cute girl picked one of their clan to date? It could happen to them! Hope! Drag some of your single girlfriends over, open up a pack of Mt. Dew, crack open the DnD set and get working. Nothing impresses geek guys more than a girl who can hack-n-slash (well ok maybe if she can code... a geek can dream).

12.) They’re rarely if ever possessive. They trust you, so you can be yourself around them. You like to walk around the house in a ratty t-shirt for comfort? He won’t care. He does too! They won’t get pissy if you don’t wear make-up or don’t want to bother primping your hair. If you gain a few pounds, they won’t try their best to make you feel like crap.

13.) They’re usually very well educated. Physics majors and the like. See #5. You won’t have to listen to him blathering on about his car (ok maybe a little), he’ll have loads of other interesting things to talk about. Politics, world events, how much the chicken burgers down at the local place rock, so long as you douse them in hot sauce...

14.) You’ll almost never have to hear, “Yaw dawg whazzap!!” plop out of their mouths. Unless it’s in jest. They spell properly, use correct punctuation, and are able to tell the difference between the toilet and the floor. They almost never get “wasted”, so you won’t have to worry about coming home to find him and his friends passed out on the floor amidst a pile of beer bottles. Mt. Dew cans, perhaps...

15.) And the final reason why geeks and nerds make great boyfriends: They actually care about you. Not how you look (though that’s a plus), not how skinny you are, not how much make-up you primp yourself up with, but they like you for you. Believe me.

Found this on many forums, enjoy. :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: This post has been edited, in order to remove offensive content. Please exercise caution in the future.
Bleeping Computer's Board Rules

Edited by Scarlett, 05 August 2005 - 08:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:46 AM

Can you please post a link back to the page that has the original content?

We dont want to plagiarize here at BC!

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:56 AM

Which one do you want? Google it, they are many places that have it.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Why_girls_s...eks-t37113.html
http://ssdesigns.proboards15.com/index.cgi...post=1121305380
http://www.completeevil.com/geek.html
http://hartford.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html
http://www.irchighway.net/index.php?name=P...iewtopic&t=2358
http://blog.kordix.com/pedalboy/archives/000566.html
http://cybersonique.org/previous.asp?topic=1
http://singularman.blogspot.com/2005_05_03...an_archive.html
http://cervoshot.campuskiss.com/
http://www.seo-guy.com/forum/thread8304.html
http://nkyboy4u.journalspace.com/
http://jsuh.com/?m=200504
http://www.bucanero.com.ar/verpost.php?id_noticia=135

Edited by yanowhiz, 05 August 2005 - 02:20 AM.

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:03 AM

It actually originated from a senior in highscool girls log.........

Lots of plagiarizers out there, didnt mean to target you.

Anyway I kinda found this interesting, though most of it is true most of the stuff she mentioned is just a standard nerd sterotype.

#5 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

i'm both the sly guy and the nerd. i dont know how that happened, but okay! and instead of Mt. Dew and Twinkies, give me Pepsi and sunflower seeds.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

I didn't know that TEB. I guess everone on the internet has plagiarized it. Sorry I kind of jumped on you, I just didn't realize that anyone would say its plagiarized since a lot of others forums have it, even GTG.

legoman786, yea all I need is Mountain Dew Code Red and Pizza. :thumbsup:

#7 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

forget the SS, i'm going with pizza too! and Pepsi Wild Cherry. mmmm.... wild cherry.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:50 PM

Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet.

Found this line to be amusing. Quite honestly, the word Geek is so out of place in our society now.

#9 jpc43

jpc43

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:59 AM

Agreed, it's terrible when it is a bad thing for someone to be intelligent,or even interested in things that are intellectually stimulating. Or even just someone who is interested in other things should not be bashed because they're not doing what they 'should' be doing

'Geeks' deserve a lot more respect.

can I get an Amen??? haha
AMD athlon 64 3000+,Nvidia Geforce 6200,2x120G HDD,WIN media center '05

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

You sure can jpc43!

AMEN!! :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:26 AM

Grinler you are right, Geek today has too many meanings. Now us real geeks will have to classify our selves. :thumbsup: `

#12 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

i think you will fit in TAKE-ALL-POSSIBLE-AOL-CDs-AND-MAKE-A-WALL-OUT-OF-THEM GEEK

- Rick Cook

#13 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:10 PM

I'm with Lego, i'm a Sly Geek. I told my wife I was going to buy her an "I love my Geek" baby tee and she said she'd wear it with pride.

I also have to say I avoid Mt. Dew like the plague, i'm more of a Scotch and Pistachios type. Or a Rum & Coke and Popcorn type. I do like Coke alone though. I agree with y'all though about the stigma of geek. I have seen the stereotypical 30-year-old lives-in-mom's-basement type... at the Star Wars III midnight showing! They're rare, but they do exist.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#14 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

I told my wife I was going to buy her an "I love my Geek" baby tee and she said she'd wear it with pride.

INGENIOUS IDEA!!!

- Rick Cook

#15 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

i think you will fit in TAKE-ALL-POSSIBLE-AOL-CDs-AND-MAKE-A-WALL-OUT-OF-THEM GEEK

:thumbsup: :flowers:
You got me..... :trumpet:

Edited by yanowhiz, 11 August 2005 - 07:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users