Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing software in safe mode.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 10rand

10rand

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:07 AM

I have just bought a DVD drive and it came with Nero/Ahead Software. The drive was installed at a computer shop. The problem is that I had to install the software myself, and everything worked out fine except that my pc won't start in safe mode. So I uninstalled it using Add/Remove and the pc started in safe mode. I was wondering if it is alright to install it in safe mode from the beginning. I have Windows XP Home SP2, Intel P4, CPU 3.0 Ghz, 80 Gig HDD and Security Software like avast av, Spybot S&D, Ad-aware SE, etc. Thanks
"The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from the one who does."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:49 AM

Some programs will install in safe mode, some don't.
Just depends on the program...

Try it out and let us know.
JC

#3 10rand

10rand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:08 AM

It refused to be installed in safe mode. So I installed it in Normal mode. It was my mistake I guess, the DVD writer came with Nero OEM software which has InCD & InCD Reader. When I installed the Nero Suite it worked out fine and the pc started in safe mode. But when I also installed InCD & InCD Reader, the pc refused to start in safe mode. So I installed only the Nero Suite. I guess the Nero Suite and InCD are doing the same/similar things writing cd's and stuff so they refuse to share the same pc. Everything is working fine at the moment. Thanks. :thumbsup:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

Thank you for the reply sharing your solution to the problem. This may help other members who experience this problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 10rand

10rand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:49 PM

Guys, you have helped me a lot. I understand my pc better now because of this forum. I am glad offer some help. Of course I'm very far away from where I would like to be. Lot of reading to be done. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users