Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

electrostactic issue, may be

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 patchfree

patchfree

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

I experienced recurrent problems with, probably, static electricity.

The facts: When I start my computer, the display was often not OK: scrambled screen (but, from other indications - noises ans leds blinking - the computer started normally except the display). I have to stop the process by restarting (reset bouton or power switch off and then on the power supply, no matters). I have made several exchange: video card, power supply, screen... without solving the issue.

But I observed that this problem was less frequent when the temperature in the room (not the temperature of the PC which is normal) is colder (and may be wetter). So I realized that my computer is located on the floor covered by synthetic carpet and suspected an electrostatic accumulation issue. What about my idea?

Note that this problem remain the same for months of use without aggravation, but a little bit disturbing...

Thanks

Pach

Sorry for my approximate english.

Edited by patchfree, 08 November 2009 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

less frequent when the temperature in the room (not the temperature of the PC which is normal) is colder.

Electrostatic, no
I would suspect a dirty interior and clogged heatsink and/or video card fan
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 patchfree

patchfree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

No. My computer is perfectly clean! I open it frequently to check the fans and heatsink. This type of "dirt" issue happens one time, but now I performe a regular cleaning.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Patch

#4 patchfree

patchfree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

No other advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic