Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Designing A Website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CyberMom_*

Guest_CyberMom_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:16 PM

:thumbsup: Anyone out there in the process of either doing or thinking about designing a website? I haven't the foggiest idea how to begin.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:13 PM

Well this website took months to complete. I would definitely get the layout you want for your website done first, and then add the content later.

It definitely can be a daunting task. Just keep at it.

#3 Guest_BTW_*

Guest_BTW_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:40 PM

CyberMom,

This would be a great free software editor to start with here once you learn the basics. I would download 1st Page 2000 for later reference in making your very own website. For beginners I would start with Tripod which is very simple to use and has alot extra help and you can setup a starter website with very little effort. You can go here and start to learn. You will have all the tools and help to get started on your website. Have fun and happy learning.

best regards,
BTW

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:50 AM

Do a google search for web site templates and kits.Many people have done all the work for you and you just need to edit your personal info.
Elated Page Kits
There are free places like freeservers.com that let you build your site with very basic and easy to use tools.
FreeServers
Never underestimate a good book.The dummies books are great for beginners.
Creating web pages for dummies

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

Lycos offers Click here for Angelfire for free except for some banner ads. It is a plug and play site. Really easy to get started.

#6 Sexington

Sexington

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:47 PM

Basic Websites aren't too difficult to do, there are a lot of web authoring kits that you can use to easily create your website but I personally recomend doing it yourself, there are tons of html, javascript help around. I didn't know too much about web design so I decided to create my own page, it was fun but it didn't do me justice so I'm going to try to create my own flash website, we'll see how that turns out. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users