Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

phantom keyboard input problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dayzmae

dayzmae

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:25 AM

Hello :flowers:

I am kind of out of ideas with the problem. What is happening is, it is like the N key on my keyboard is being pressed and held down. This is evident anytime you tab to or click on anywhere you can type, like the internet address bar, any search field on websites or within windows. Also when just on desktop, there is a constant highlighting of any icons that begin with the letter N.

I thought maybe the ol trusty G15 keyboard may be going out so logically I unplugged it. No change. Still filled up with N s. I did full system scans with Norton 2010 and adaware and the thing seems clean as a whistle. This is a system that I built from different new parts earlier this year. I can give part numbers if it will help but I am hoping for a really quick fix here before theys a shootin between me and my computer illiterate dad lol.

But that is literally all that has happened. Just all of the sudden infinite Ns started inputting to any field. You can still type in these fields, but all the Ns are still there among what you type.

Thanks for any light you cann shed on this :trumpet:

Sorry, I realized I accidently posted this in the Intro section.. my bad :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

I thought maybe the ol trusty G15 keyboard may be going out so logically I unplugged it.

I would go further by replacing the keyboard with a different one and rebooting. Also, if you are using a keyboard with a PS2 connector, try a new one with a USB. Report back the results.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users