Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best dvd burning software for me.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pearce

pearce

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:34 AM

Hi all.

I am looking to burn a few dvd's and am currently looking for some good programs to use.
I watch all dvd's on a small analogue tv and my pc, no big plasma or hd tv's. No wide screens either.
Quality means alot to me, but my tv and pc are small so quality shouldn't really be too different, no matter how I burn?

Im looking for easy programs to use, that give good quality dvd's.
I only keep 5.1 sound English, English subtitles. I delete all extras and everything else, so obviously the program I need has to have that ability.
The program does not have to be 1 click, and I can use a combination of many programs, aslong as they are easy to use.

I use verbatim dvd-r media and my dvd burner is a liteon. My pc is an amd athlon dual core and I have xp installed.

Also another question, does surfing the net or watching youtube videos while burning/ripping have any adverse affects on the dvd quality?

Can you recomend me a program to use? Which one do you use? Free programs would be prefered but if their are no good ones I will have to buy software.

Which programs do you use to give you best quality?
Thankyou.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

I really enjoy using WinX DVD, and it's free, and surprisingly fast. (http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-author/trialpay.htm). I had another free program (can't remember which one) and for some reason the finished product had severe quality issues. As the movie played the audio and video became seriously out of sync.

As to the question of surfing the net, or worse watching videos, that should be strictly verboten, IMHO. Your computer need every ounce of CPU processing power and every byte of RAM that you have for the task at hand. Maybe you could wipe the dust off of your Playstation and settle in for a couple of hours of gaming. Good Luck!

EDIT: There is no need to quote the entire OP verbatim...TY
MG

Edited by garmanma, 08 November 2009 - 10:58 AM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 dribdrab

dribdrab

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

This one seems to be popular: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_soft...ols/imgburn.cfm

Not good to run other things while burning a dvd.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

I'll second, ImgBurn.
It's always best to download a program, directly from the developer website, if possible.
Here's a link to the Guides.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users