Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS error occurred

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jungian

jungian

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

Suddenly in the past couple of days I am getting the following error messages:

1. DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken

2. The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

a. I am using a Dell Inspiron Model E1505 Laptop.

b. I am using a Netgear Router

c. I am using Firefox Version 3.5.4

At work I do not have this issue. I only have the issue at home. I am puzzled by what the sudden cause
of this could be as I have not had this problem in the 2-3 years that i have been set up wirelessly at home.

The only change that I have noticed which may or not be related to this problem is that when I look at the
wireless networks available a "Linksys" network shows up which I suspect belongs to a neighbor.

My wireless network is not "Security-Enabled" so I do not know if this could be related to this recent problem
rearing its ugly head.

Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated and would prompt me to write Santa and encourage
him to send extra Milk and Cookies to anyone who would be so kind as to take the time to help me. :thumbsup:

Thank you

Lewis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users