Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible ping attacks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wackattack

wackattack

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

hi my isp sent a guy to fix it but he did a speed test and it was normal but when he left it became bad again as its been doing for the last three days it goes normal then bad. Its possible that some ppl that dont like me have access to my ip adress because its in some website that i used and i know they can see it so can u tell me how i can find out if im being attacked with ping? and i also did a test on command prompt called tracert alot of lines failed and the first line always failed. also did a test for ping sometimes its good and sometimes ping ms is high and jitter ms is high and up to 50% packets lost. i use comcast cable internet and windows xp thanks for reading this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wackattack

wackattack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Forget it the internet company called they said "hey there was a problem in your neighborhood we fixed it" five days after i noticed the problem they only called me when it was over only.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for letting us know your issue has been resolved by your ISP.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users