Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gjb911169

gjb911169

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

Has any else seen this? I loaded a Dell Optiplex GX260 P4 2.6 Ghz, 512 MB Ram, 40 GB HD, Intel Pro 1000 MT Network Adapter. When I performed my first install, I did not have a network cable connected to the machine. Once the install completed (which seemed to take forever), I was unable to connect my network. I tried turning the firewall off, and making other adjustments. When I ran ipconfig /all, no adapters showed even though it was showing with the Network Connections.

After I while, I ended up reinstalling the machine with the network cable and was able to connect to my network.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:14 AM

Never set-up an image on a GX260. I have set gx270's and few other models from Dell. I think your issue was just one of those 1 time quirks.

I have had a few weird issues with USB posts and video cards when setting up Dell computers through work. Nothing that didn't have a work-around.

Edited by Joshuacat, 05 August 2005 - 06:14 AM.

JC

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:19 AM

Ignore mt last post. I missed that it was under the Windows Vista forum.

:huh:
JC

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

gjb911169,

Thats bizarre. Was there any reference to your intel card under device manager before you reinstalled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users