Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"create process failed; code 2" when trying to install malwarebytes' anti-malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thefourthbeastie

thefourthbeastie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hey everyone, new member here looking for some help. My desktop computer (Windows xp) has been infected with Personal Guard 2009 and I am trying to get rid of it. BleepingComputer offered the solution - download Malwarebytes' anti-malware (MBAM). So I followed the directions (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-guard-2009).

Downloaded the setup. Went through the steps and the last step where it says "Setup has finished installing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on your computer. The application may be launched by selecting the installed icons. Click Finish to exit Setup. 2 check boxes, both checked - Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Launch Malwarebytes' Anti Malware"

With those 2 boxes checked, I press Finish, expecting to see MBAM start up. As soon as I do, a box comes up titled "setup" saying "

Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The System cannot find the file specified.

I click OK and the exact same box comes up again. I press OK again and it's gone.

WHAT I'VE TRIED TO DO:

I have installed MBAM on my laptop with no problem. So it's not the setup, it's something on my desktop.
I've restarted my computer to reinstall it to SOME avail. MBAM came up for about 1.5 seconds and then disappeared.
I've clicked the desktop icon of MBAM which takes me to a box that says "Missing Shortcut" with a flashlight swaying back and forth with text reading: "Windows is searching for mbam.exe. To locate the file yourself, click Browse.

Please help me, any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by thefourthbeastie, 07 November 2009 - 02:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

miekiemoes has a "self-help" work-around posted in the MBAM forum ...

mbam will not install - Code 2 error, mbam.exe not found
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29028

If you need further assistance, please continue posting here.

BTW: WELCOME to the BC Forums!

Edited by AustrAlien, 07 November 2009 - 03:19 PM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users