Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc is booting as though it is running Classic mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Yungthuggin

Yungthuggin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

Before you ask, no I am not running safemode. I have consulted many people and the majority consensus says that I have a virus and I cannot remove it. Here is an overview of my issues:

My Windows Defender has been disabled and I cannot reactivate it.

When I attempt to run a system restore an error message pops up that states: "System Restore will not help protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and try System Restore again."

When I attempt running in Safe Mode (Through pressing F8 in boot) it does absolutely nothing to help correct my issues no matter which version of Safe Mode I run.

I have no Internet connectivity on that PC even though I do on my lap top, Xbox 360, and PSP. (3 different browsers do NOT work and applications which access the internet report having no connection.)

I do not have the reinstall disks for Windows XP as I purchased my computer several years ago and I have essentially lost them during several moves I have made.

I need this PC for college as I take my classes online so any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated and I would be happy to give more information if needed.

Edited by Pandy, 08 November 2009 - 01:40 AM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Pro ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users