Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Refusing to Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Turaiel

Turaiel

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

One of my desktops (Titanium at http://xenon.jeterpm.net/~brandond/sys) is refusing to get past the "Starting windows" screen with the progress bar. Once the bar fills up, the Win2K boot splash is not displayed, but instead, the computer reboots. It does this infinitely.

I just installed 2K on it, and it didn't stop working until I put the drive in a different machine (I had to install on a separate machine because Titanium can't read CD-RWs). It also bluescreened at the same point earlier before I reinstalled, but only after moving it to the other machine. The error was something about the boot device not being found. What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Turaiel

Turaiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

I reinstalled again, this time in the original system, by adding an optical drive from the other system. It seems to be working now, but I would still like to know why moving the drive caused the install to malfunction.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

you should not install a os on a computer and then put it in a new/different computer
its because of drivers

#4 Turaiel

Turaiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

I see. Thanks then. [Resolved]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users