Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me clean my computer from desot.exe or Windows Antivirus Pro

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IKEnIN

IKEnIN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

Hi,
I've tried to follow some other forums that appeared to resemble my problem (boot up to many black dos boxes flashing up on screen with windows\system32\desot.exe and not being able to run most applications; plus I can't boot into SafeMode - blue screen and auto-restart; funny thing is that IE will open as will Windows Explorer and even the screensaver, but no other pgrms.) and even found one that looked like it was successful at cleaning it without wiping HD and starting over ("infected with ntoskrnl-hook and desot.exe" between EdnaSue & SifuMike). If SifuMike or another professional could help me clean this up, I'd be wiling to pay.

I don't know how to begin (piggy back onto another or start own). This is my first time using this or any forum, and not for sure how to upload my log results. I do have a clean PC I'm typing from and can download to my USB flash drive.

Ultimately, I'd like to get back to a clean laptop and then install better protection. If need, I can wipe HD, first pulling docs, but I'm scared to lose my ITUNES - don't have them backed up and not sure if all are on our ipods?

Would appreciate help, and will gladly accept any guidance along the way. I do have RootRepeal downloaded and it did run successfully. Do you need my cell phone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users