Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Hardware Unknown

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marvellegend21

marvellegend21

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:12 AM

HI ,

I am facing an issue with my computer wherein during the start up it halts and showing blue screen for a second then it will restart again . It will go to a page wherein you have an option to start your computer on a safe mode but even you choose to start it normally or on safemnode it will go to that bluescreen for a second again and will restart and the loop continues. I tried to reformat my hardrive and I can go to my system by doing that but after a hours or day or two the same error comes up again . I dont know what to do already . I tried to rerinstall windows everytime I encounter this issue but the same error comes up after hours or day . I just notice that sometimes my memory capacity doesnt shows up I can only detect ddr2 800 but doesnt detect the size from time to time. I also notice that sometimes it takes a minute or two before it detects my harddrive and dvdrom. I am thinking if it is the motherboard already or videocard ( NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600 GT)with my issue.
I hope I can get answers to this problem

Thanks,

Marvellegend

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

What is the exact error message...that appears?

Have you thought of checking your hard drive?

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

Louis

#3 marvellegend21

marvellegend21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

error happens so fast but you can see blue screen with numbers and letters on it. Once you see the erro it only last so quick then the computer restarts again

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

<<...but after a hours or day or two the same error comes up again .>>

The next time XP loads, follow the guidance at How To Disable Automatic Restarts When Windows Crashes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74644/how-to-disable-automatic-restarts-when-windows-crashes/

That should stop the sprints.

Louis

#5 marvellegend21

marvellegend21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

It will restart but up until it will give you a choice if you're going to start yourcomputer normally or on a safe mode or with networking. even if you choose to start it with safemode or normal the same error will show once you choose then it will go to that blue screen for 1 second then it will restart and the same loop will follow

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

System manufacturer and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Do you have a Microsoft Genuine XP install CD?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users