Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dpitch40

dpitch40

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

My laptop (Toshiba Satellite A305) has been having escalating problems with its wireless connectivity. It can find wireless networks fine, but when I try to connect it often simply fails to connect, keeps trying and never succeeds, or most commonly, does connect but tries and fails to identify the network. Either way, I can find networks normally but am unable to get online. I'm at a college, so I can't simply adjust my router's settings; we have several different wireless networks, but all of them seem to have various problems. The problem seems fairly random, but lately I've been unable to connect to a wireless network at all. Other people seem to be able to connect fine, so presumably something is wrong with my computer.

Does anyone have any idea what could be preventing me from connecting? Particularly the problem where my computer connects to a network, but then can't identify it, so it leaves it as an 'Unidentified network' with no internet connectivity; this happens the majority of the time I try to connect. I don't really see how it could be a hardware issue since it's a laptop and I haven't been messing around with any of that, so I wonder if something I installed has been interfering with wireless connectivity. I recently managed to update my wireless drivers for an unrelated problem, so I don't think it could be that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users