Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing intermittantly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maeve

maeve

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

:huh: Hi, My computer freezes a couple of times a day and I have to manually restart. I have cleaned the fan and inside the pc but it still happens, Acer assures me that is not a memory problem. I believe the image is corrupted and there a lot of programs installed that I have to uninstall eg. Norton antivirus, Esobi and CD burning software
I had a problem reinstalling vista as it is OEM and I don't have a disc. I have recently upgraded to windows 7 but it's still freezing. If I buy a full version of '7' can I give the upgrade to a friend who has Vista home premium? My computer is an Acer T690, Intel Dual core, 2.2 ghz.
Any more suggestions? This is my first post so please be kind!

Edited by maeve, 06 November 2009 - 10:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:56 AM

(1) check Event Viewer for any relevant entries around the time of a freeze.
(2) Reseat the RAM just in case this is the problem.
(3) Run System File Checker in case any important OS files are damaged - see:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-sy...fc-command.html

With FULL version of Win 7 I think it will detect the Win7 you have installed and ask what you want to do. The current Win7 upgrade will have been registered but if you do your FULL install b4 you pass the upgrade CD to your friend this may allow your friend to do the upgrade. Overall you should be OK given you have legit rights to both OS versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users