Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

document viewer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ilyas

ilyas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

HELP !!!
I just restored my computer ( scanning it with Kaspersky ) from a severe virus attack.Everytinh seems in order now except I am getting a window telling me to go to Document Viewer Help and Support because of error HRESULT : 0X8002802F and a second window tells me that Document Viewer installer has error 2908.These error windows do not close !
How can I get rid of this problem ?
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

I would uninstall every version of MS.NET that appears currently in Add/Remove Programs. Don't worry about the security updates but remove if it says NET Framework or is a SP1, SP2, or SP3 for MS.NET. To remove these, you have to start with the latest edition that you have installed...and work upward to the oldest...if you don't do that, you will get messages telling you that they cannot be uninstalled.

Then I would go to the MS.NET website and download the current version (3.5, SP1) to my desktop, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en.

Having done that, I would run chkdsk /r (Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (with space between the k and /) and hit Enter or OK. Type Y in response to onscreen query and hit Enter or OK. Reboot the syatem.

The chkdsk /r command will execute before booting into XP and the system will boot into XP automatically when the command has completed.

Then...install the 3.5, SP1 edition of MS.NET.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users