Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU Temperature after clean install of Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkR42

MarkR42

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

I have an ASUS Laptop with Vista 32-bit...after running the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor, I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SB version. I did a clean install and all went well. But after 2 days use, I'm noticing that my Laptop is extremely Hot and the fan runs all the time. This is something that never happened under Vista. I've downloaded Core Temp 0.99.5 and it is reading temperatures of 63 to 77 degrees for both cores. I did some research online and went into the advanced power settings and changed the system cooling policy to Passive, but this doesn't seem to have helped much.

Can you give me advice on what a normal Core Temp should be and HOW I might solve this Temperature issue.

Thanks, MarkR42

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

what is SB version and is there any other reports of increased temperature as this the first one I have heard of, go to your mfg site and they will have normal operating temp charts for your processor and model,Windows seven uses less cpu cycles than XP so it shouldn't be an issue Unless it's your video card??? GPU temp ???

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

Are those temp in Fahrenheit of Celsius? 77 degrees Fahrenheit is a total non-issue. Depending on the CPU, 77 degrees Celsius may not be an issue either. My Asus has an Intel Atom processor, and supposedly it will run up to 90 degrees Celsius (at the core).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users