Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limit Reservable Bandwith

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lexzl

lexzl

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

So i've just recently upgraded from XP to 7 (Home Premium) and I was disappointed to learn that the home version does not have gpedit.msc

I'd like to limit the reservable bandwith and I know this was previously possible in Vista through Regedit.exe by creating a key called Psched, making a new dword 32-bit value for it named Nonbesteffortlimit, finally modifying it to a base value of 0 (Or whatever other value I whimsy).

So, my question is, can I still adjust this reservable bandwith through this method or is Windows 7 going to be detrimentally affected by this?

Edited by lexzl, 06 November 2009 - 12:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users