Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed for Sony Vaio CS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 g.ryan

g.ryan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

My system has become too slow, it take longer time to boot, even after five or more minutes, if try to open window, it take longer than it use to take (earliers by clicking it use to open in a sec. but it take longer than that) not only this the entire system has gone slow. When to point to an icon on right bottom, it will display the small window, but its takes to display messages, like if i point of battery icon, a small window pops up displaying the power remaining etc. , but when i point to it, it diplay the window but its all white or blank, the ring will rotate as if its loading, but only after few minutes it will display.

Please help me how do I make my system run fast!

my system: Sony vaio, CS series, 2.2 GHz, intel core 2 duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 HDD, Windows Vista Home Premium.

Regards,

Ryan

Edited by garmanma, 06 November 2009 - 11:32 AM.
Edit the post so it is readable

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

For a start I would download Malwarebytes anti malware to see if you have picked up anything on your travels.Download at www.malwarebytes.org,click on download free version.When you have downloaded it check for updates and run a quick scan.Then delete or quarantine anything thats bad.Then I would download ccleaner,available at www.ccleaner.com.Put it on the Brush setting.Leave all ticks on default.Run the cleaner and then remove rubbish.Next download a defragger.I use Auslogics disk defrag but there are many other good ones.Download at www.auslohigcs.com.

Also if you have downloaded any programmes that you no longer use then delete them to free up disk space.Same for any old music or photos.Or transfer them to a flash drive etc.

Try that and see how you go on.

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:07 AM

hi,,, all good advice from Cod nut,,,, using event viewer to look for ongoing issues can also help narrow down the search for the culprit,,, also use task manager to see what is using all the processor power,,,, this is all dependant on the malware sweep with MBAM that Cod has recommended,,,, also look at any software or windows updates recently installed in the pc as these could be having issues,,,, the laptop is good spec so its not lack of resources,,, what security are you running on the pc at the moment ????

Cod Head,,,, which port are you from in England,,,, same as me or the smaller across the water :huh:
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Sunny Fleetwood on the West Coast.Once a big fishing port like Hull.Now a few boats and a big shopping complex called freeport. :huh:

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

lol,,,, been there a few times,,, one of the biggest deep sea trawler owner family's were originally from there called Marr,,,, i use to work for them for over 20 years,,, i think one of there old trawlers is still in the docks as a floating museum,,,, the Jacinta,,,, i have landed that ship a good few times :huh:
apologies for the off topic foray Ryan
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users