Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not load during startup.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 miatakid

miatakid

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

Hi,

The battery on my laptop is toast so when the cord slipped out, the computer shut off. When I attempt to restart it, I can restart it but it only shows me the background. It will just stay there blank while attempting to load something occasionally. If I start it in Safe Mode, it does the same thing only I can't see the background. It says DCOM Server Process Launcher terminated unexpectedly then shuts down. It says the shutdown is requested by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. Before the shut down, McAfee said it blocked and removed a trojan but I'm not sure what the name was. Can you help me load Windows? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Location:C:\Universe\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\Canada\Quebec\Montreal\Home

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

Hey there,

This could be a possiable of two issues.

If it's simply an issue with one of your files, you can first attempt to press F8 over and over during bootup, go to "Use Last Known Good Config". See if that'll boot up, if not, you can try to use System Restore. To use System Restore, Again, use F8 over and over, and this time and go into "Safe Mode With Cmd" (I am using short hand, hopefully, you understand it). Once in Cmd, type in "%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" and attempt to go back to a pervious state.

If it is an infection, you can try and use a Live Antivirus CD to clean up the infection first, afterwords, doing a system Restore with the methons I listed above.

Hope this helps,
Cheers.

#3 miatakid

miatakid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for the reply. When I start in Safe Mode with Cmd, the prompt never appears. I get the same blank safe mode screen. And what would I have to do to run a cd if it won't load Windows?

#4 jsmart7

jsmart7

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

I know this very well. It is a "saccer" worm. It shuts down a machine unexpectedly, and gives this message. My computer was also infected with it. I then downloaded two patches that are to be run one after another to get the bug off. You will get the patches on searching a little. I do not remember the source of those patches any more. Just search with these keywords, "saccer removal tool".

#5 miatakid

miatakid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

Thanks. I'll try to find the patches. But how can I run the patches if I can't load anything? If I have them on a zip drive, is there a way to run them?

#6 SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Location:C:\Universe\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\Canada\Quebec\Montreal\Home

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the reply. When I start in Safe Mode with Cmd, the prompt never appears. I get the same blank safe mode screen. And what would I have to do to run a cd if it won't load Windows?

Try pressing ALT+Ctrl+Del and go to File>New Task(Run..) and type in Explore. If this is indeed a worm, you might want that a Live CD to remove the infections first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users