Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snoman

Snoman

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:24 PM

okay so i went out today and spent 17 bucks on Memorex DVD-R's. i have a program called "BurnOn CD&DVD" that I got from download.com, but when I put the blank CD in, its always says that theres nothing in the drive. i have also tryed to use WMP but that says it is some unknown brand or something like that. can somebody please help me even thought this isnt a XP question (i couldnt find anywhere else to put this)

~PLEASE HELP ME! I DONT WANT TO THROW AWAY 30 BLANK CD'S!~ :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

Hi the only one i find that writes to dvd is nero 6.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:38 PM

Usually when you buy cheapo dvd's from some manufacturer in japan the dvd's wont be recognized by your drive because of the fact that the dvd region is different.

I reccomend taking a good 40 bucks and buying some good quality dvd's

I alos reccomend taking another 20-40 bucks and buying nero burning rom.

Oh, and to thedon you can write dvd's with windows as long as you have a dvd writer it really doesnt matter what program you have. But if your going to be burning alot of things and want intercompatibility then i reccomend nero burning rom.

Edited by TEB, 04 August 2005 - 02:39 PM.

#4 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:00 AM

TEB, I agree with you. Media is very important. Memorex as far as my BenQ support tech's are concerned is JUNK and for BenQ even Kodak is not recommended.
They suggest Imation, Sony, TDK or Maxell and for my 162I they suggest to burn in DVD Rom as it is the most universally recognized in standalone dvd players and I have used my backups in 4 differnet family players and they all work.
I use Nero and I also have Clone DVD along with Any DVD and follow BenQ supports advice and check for firmware updates and have had no coasters out of 60 backups.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents in.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

#5 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:46 PM

Is your DVD burner +R or -R or both? Make sure blank disks are compatible with your drive. I have a +- drive and find that - disks tend to be balky occasionally but rarely have problems with + disks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users