Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone please help me? I'm infected with something :(

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

:angry:So my laptop just went ape bleep yesterday. I've never had a single pop up or any issues in the year I've owned it.
I started getting TONS of pop ups. Then Avira AntiVirus stopped working. Then SpyBot Search and Destroy. When i try to open it i get a message that reads:
"Windows cannot access specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I also noticed that when i would attempt to search for different antivirus removers it would redirect me to different pages that looked shady.
I also began seeing shady files hidden under "User2". And User 2's temp. internet files.
On a list in Avira under "virus information" i was able to see these under recent dates (see below) I'm not sure if it means they've been deleted or are currently there. Obviously SOMETHING is very wrong with my laptop. And I need your help to fix it. Please.
I also was able to run ComboFix and get a log if that will help.

This is what i see when i goto Avira Virus Information:

1. W32/Induc.Gen Malware 03 Nov 2009 see here
2. TR/ATRAPS.Gen2 Trojan 03 Nov 2009 see here
3. TR/Click.Yabector.8857.2 Trojan 03 Nov 2009 see here
4. TR/Dldr.Bredolab.AX Trojan 27 Oct 2009 see here
5. APPL/Tool.EvID4226 Malware 27 Oct 2009 21 Dec 2006
6. TR/Drop.Agent.avam Trojan 26 Oct 2009 11 Jul 2009
7. Worm/Conficker.Autorun.Gen Worm 26 Oct 2009 see here
8. BDS/Glecia.D Backdoor Server 20 Oct 2009 20 Oct 2009
9. TR/Vilsel.ior Trojan 20 Oct 2009 20 Oct 2009
10. TR/PSW.Magania.aul Trojan 19 Oct 2009 27 Feb 2009
11. TR/PSW.Onlineg.ALZR Trojan 19 Oct 2009 05 Mar 2009
12. APPL/Tool.EvID4226.A Malware 19 Oct 2009 21 Dec 2006
13. APPL/KillApplicat.A Malware 19 Oct 2009 12 Mar 2007
14. Worm/Waledac.48640 Worm 15 Oct 2009 see here
15. TR/Autorun.142336 Trojan 15 Oct 2009 see here
16. TR/PCK.Krap.B.151 Trojan 15 Oct 2009 see here
17. TR/Spy.ZBot.9164.1 Trojan 15 Oct 2009 15 Oct 2009
18. TR/Vilsel.iop Trojan 15 Oct 2009 15 Oct 2009
19. APPL/NirCmd.A Malware 14 Oct 2009 28 Jun 2007
20. APPL/HideDir.A Malware 14 Oct 2009 09 Mar 2007
21. APPL/KillApp.A Malware 14 Oct 2009 12 Mar 2007
22. TR/Spy.ZBot.qca Trojan 13 Oct 2009 see here
23. TR/Dldr.Ebill.L Trojan 13 Oct 2009 see here
24. TR/Agent.fds.1 Trojan 13 Oct 2009 see here
25. TR/Spy.ZBot.fql.6 Trojan 12 Oct 2009 see here
26. TR/Dropper.Gen2 Trojan 12 Oct 2009 see here
27. TR/Dldr.Zlob.Gen2 Trojan 07 Oct 2009 see here
28. TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen2 Trojan 07 Oct 2009 see here
29. TR/ZZDimy.13 Trojan 06 Oct 2009 see here
30. Worm/Lovgate.F Worm 05 Oct 2009 see here
31. TR/Patched.GY.12 Trojan 02 Oct 2009 see here
32. TR/Drop.Keylog.FR Trojan 01 Oct 2009 see here
33. TR/FakeAV.RK Trojan 01 Oct 2009 see here
34. TR/FraudPack.ams Trojan 01 Oct 2009 01 Oct 2009
35. Worm/Autorun.sxa Worm 22 Sep 2009 see here
36. TR/Dldr.FraudLoad.51200 Trojan 16 Sep 2009 see here
37. TR/Dldr.WMA.Wimad.X Trojan 02 Sep 2009 see here
38. APPL/ACLSet Malware 02 Sep 2009 see here
39. W32/Induc.A Malware 24 Aug 2009 see here
40. TR/Dldr.FraudLo.sxm Trojan 10 Aug 2009 see here

The log which appeared after i completed the ComboFix reads:

ComboFix 09-11-05.01 - User2 11/05/2009 20:14.2.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.502.232 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\User2\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: AntiVir Desktop *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {AD166499-45F9-482A-A743-FDD3350758C7}
AV: Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {D3C23B96-C9DC-477F-8EF1-69AF17A6EFF6}

Please help me reclaim my laptop. I really need it for school.
:/

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2009 - 09:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hello I am moving this from XP to Am I Infected. Also I will remove the Combofix log as they are only permitted in our HiJackThis forum. if needed we will ask again.
Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2009 - 09:37 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Were those found infections bt Avira?
How was it after running CFix?

Can you run these now please.

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2009 - 09:50 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

There was never an option for me to save MBAM to my desktop.
I followed through with the install and ended up with an error. It told me to record the error. It read:
732 (0,0)
:thumbsup:
Now what?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

MBAM 732 error
1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
2. Restart your computer (very important).
3. Download and run this utility. Mbam clean
4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php
Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent.
Note: If using Free version, ignore the part about putting in your license key and activating.
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration.
Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan and post that log.

#6 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

after i posted my last message, i looked at my taskbar, and even though that error 732 had popped up, MBAM popped up a scanner and is now doing a quick scan.

#7 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

So, MBAM did a quick scan, and it appeared to remove 3 trojans (i think). However, when it was done restarting, i tried to see if SpyBot would work just to check and see if things were still acting weird and, of course, i recieved the same error message as before:
"Windows cannot access specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Something is still wrong. Now what? :thumbsup:

Edited by jordannnnnn, 05 November 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

We need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"
TeaTimer works by preventing ANY changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.

In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.
  • Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.
  • If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.
  • Click Posted Image and then on "Advanced Mode"
    Posted Image
  • You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image
  • Uncheck this checkbox:
    Posted Image
  • Close/Exit Spybot Search and Destroy
Then rerun RKill and MBAM.

#9 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

But thats one of the main issues, I can't even get SpyBot to open. When i try to open SpyBot, a message box pops up, preventing it from allowing SpyBot to open.

It reads:

And yes, im logged on as the administrator of the pc. The virus just started causing this to happen today.

Edited by jordannnnnn, 05 November 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

Ok 2 things to try.
Try running these. If you still get your message try the instructions below after these to take possession of the file..

If you have rebooted rerun RKill...
Next run ATF and SAS:
Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP

Sorry but I'll be signing off soon,will look back in am.

EDIT by the way can you post the MBAM log?
•The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
•Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2009 - 11:06 PM.

#11 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

Here is my MBAM log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2775
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11/5/2009 11:03:58 PM
mbam-log-2009-11-05 (23-03-58).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 137475
Time elapsed: 54 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Palringo\location.dll (Adware.NaviPromo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll.vir (Trojan.Sirefef) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{4FE3B92A-80CA-40C0-8E93-5256BF45C55B}\RP144\A0024234.dll (Trojan.Sirefef) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Im a little confused by the last list of steps you sent. :/

Do i scan with SAS, then restart my pc into safe mode, then scan again with SAS?
Then do ATF?

Also, i wasn't able to do this part for some reason / never saw an option to do it:

Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

#12 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Also, when i try to update either MBAM or SAS i get errors.

For MBAM it says: 732 (0,0)

For SAS it says:

"There was an error trying to retrieve definitions. Make sure your firewall is not blocking SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from accessing the internet."

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hi, Let's look at 2 more logs.
Run part 1 of S!Ri's SmitfraudFix
Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Now check for Rootkits.
Please download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
Note: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.

Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes.
  • Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.
  • Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.
  • A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".
  • Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.
  • If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:
    • Running processes
    • Windows Registry
    • Local Hard Drives
  • Click Start scan.
  • Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.
  • When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.
  • Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
    • Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.
    • Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.
    • Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.
  • Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.
  • A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.
  • After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.
  • Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.
  • When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.log
  • This should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\.
Before performing an ARK scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.
  • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
  • Clean out your temporary files.
  • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
  • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
  • After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
  • When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.

#14 jordannnnnn

jordannnnnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

I don't know what I did but now there's an even bigger issue.
Now my wireless Internet keeps cutting out. It won't work. I can't goto any websites.
I'm using my iPhone just to send this.
What do I do now??
:thumbsup:

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

I hope this wasn't from running CFix.
See if this fixes your Net issues .

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users