Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Portforward help :(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 servzerkid

servzerkid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

have a linksys router Model WRT310N and since i got it i was forced to use a 10.10.10.1 IP because when i try with 192.168.1.1 I can't use the internet,it's like dead.Recently i tried to port forward but it wouldn't let me because of a dynamic IP.I tried changing to static by changing the local internet properties of 10.10.10.1 but nothing has worked.I really need some help here,if there's maybe a way to switch back to 192.168.1.1 but having working internet or a way to static IP with 10.10.10.1.

One more thing which might help,i try to port forward to ip 10.10.10.1 with dynamic but it doesnt let me,i keep getting an error
quote:
'You can't use the Router's IP, network or broadcast address."

I also get errors when trying to static IP,errors like
The subnet address is equal to the router's ip and the router ip and default gateway dont belong to the same subnet mask.

Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

I'm unclear on exactly what you are talking about.

your setup should go: Modem from the ISP plugged into the router's WAN/Internet port and then all other devices plugged into the other 4 ports on the back of the router or connected wireless. You unplug the power from it all, plug the power into the modem and let the lights settle, do the same for the router and then start your PCs. All IPs the router will take care of.

If you are making the static IP of the PC 192.168.1.1 that is the issue, that should be the IP address of the router. If you don't know what you are doing, follow the directions that came with the router. Almost all of them have a fold-out that has the steps with pictures.

If you are forwarding ports you need the IP address of the PC you want to forward ports to. In a command window type ipconfig that is the address to forward the ports to.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users