Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with computer!!! trojan vundo.gen.ab!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coqui

coqui

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

hi,

i am trying to fix my computer. it is going slow and pop ups keep coming up. I ran mcafee virus scan and it found artemis which it said it quarantined. but it still said it had two remaining threats that said Scan After Restart named Vundo.gen.ab I looked at the forums here to see if i could get any insight and i went to websites to download malwarebytes or superantispyare or hijack this, but the computer wont allow me to download them. no download box comes up. ive tried different websites with different mirrors and it still wont work to download the programs. it doesnt allow me to save the target as... either because nothing will pop up. when i try to look at the internet options the same thing happens... no box comes up. PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

Run this application first, then try mbam

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it again

=========================

Also try this

Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD and save it to your desktop.
alternate download 1
alternate download 2
  • This tool will create a diagnostic report
  • Double-click on Win32kDiag.exe to run and let it finish.
  • When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
  • A file called Win32kDiag.txt should be created on your Desktop.
  • Open that file in Notepad and copy/paste the entire contents (from Starting up... to Finished! Press any key to exit...) in your next reply.
--------------------------------------

Go to Posted Image > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: cmd
Click OK.
At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txt
A file called [b]log.txt
should be created on your Desktop.
Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 coqui

coqui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

none of those links for rkill worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users