Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail Logout

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

Sign out failed!

We could not sign you out because your browser seems to be blocking third party cookies.

* Close all browser windows to sign out.
* To prevent this error in the future, you must enable third party cookies by chaging your browser settings.

I am running firefox(uptodate) and above is the error message i get then when i click try again nothing happens and when i click done im signed out

Thank you for your help

Edited by gully786, 05 November 2009 - 07:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gully786

gully786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

help any1

#3 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

I do have the same issue since the latest update of Firefox, so that it could be a "bug". This hasn't happened with previous versions.

EDIT
I'm currently checking their support database and forums to see whether this issue has already been brought up. If I don't find anything, I'll report the issue and see what the developers say.

I haven't found any related issues mentioned, so that I've made this report in case you wish to see the follow up:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/495548?

EDIT 2:
The reply I got there has helped :flowers: It's really a strange coincidence with the upgrade of FF and the cookie issue. :thumbsup:

I hope that the following steps will help you to resolve the problem, too:
  • Disable your add-ons that might interfere with accepting cookies (in my case NoScript and AdBlock Plus).
  • Delete cookies and history on restart of FF.
  • If successfully logged out, enable the add-ons again, and restart FF.

Edited by Mysterysgames, 08 November 2009 - 10:42 PM.

#4 gully786

gully786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:13 AM

I had sent them an email bout it but got no reply

Thanks for that i'll try it :thumbsup:

#5 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

In my experience, on their forums you have a very good chance to get a fast and competent reply.

You're welcome, good luck :thumbsup:

#6 gully786

gully786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

i did all that and when i restarted, after the logout worked back 2 square 1, it never worked

its not much of a problem nyway so i guess i'll wait for ny updates that will fix it but Thanks anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users