Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WAS Being Hijacked in ALL Search Engines. Maybe this can help someone.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 BBlueize

BBlueize

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

I was going to post my hijack log here but to be honest it seemed like to do that I had to download more crap and I'm really tired of downloading stuff onto my computer to try to fix this problem so I gave something one last shot and, well, here's my information. Maybe it will help, maybe people who are smarter than me can help better. I just know today I can search and I'm like a kid in a candy store. :(

Someone in a Windows forum suggested I download Ashampoo AntiSpyware 2 to fix my problem. I tried this and at first no luck. I just updated it last night and scanned again and it found this in my files....
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.ancw!A2 from here....
C:\Windows\_MSRSTRT.EXE
When I went back today to find it under quarantined to write here it also had removed....
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.cosc!A2 from here....
C:\MSOCache\AllUsers\{900120000-0026-0000-0000000FFICE}-C\setup.exe

This morning is the first time I've used Google normally in a while. I'm not positive this will help you but I'm guessing it can't hurt. Before I end this there's two things. Well' actually three.
1.) I have NO relationship with this software. Download it if you want. Don't if you don't. I don't mean to sound bi***y; I just REALLY want you to understand I have no reason to advocate this software other than it seemed to help me after a lot of other measures failed (McAfee; Windows Defender; SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes).
2.)This software is not free. They do have a trial though. I'll tell you too, I've never paid for software; I've always used freeware but I'm going to buy this if my browsers continue to be clean (and I've been using computers before Windows came out).
and the 3.) If you don't want to try this; can't get help, or just want to browse while you wait for help from someone smarter than me I'll tell you what I was doing while mine was messed up. I used Google. Then I would look at whatever link I chose using Cached. After that the site would work normally. Again, this worked for me. I figured while you wait it can't hurt and if it does I'm sure someone smarter than me will tell you. I'm just trying to give some measure of relief and hope to those like me who got megga screwed somehow.
Goodluck all.

PS. I didn't put the address for Ashampoo in here because I wasn't sure it was allowed.

God knows, even Angels fall.

Life is What Happens When You're Making Other Plans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BBlueize

BBlueize
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:55 AM

I may need to offer someone an apology. This may not have been the forum that I needed to download a few other programs to have my hijack log looked at. I looked at so many I may be confused about which is which. If so, my apology's.

God knows, even Angels fall.

Life is What Happens When You're Making Other Plans

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for that BBlueize. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users