Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Folders problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dovbaruch

dovbaruch

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:19 AM

When ever I open a folder in "my computer" IE folders: Local c local d, DVD drive, Shared Documents, ect... it does not open the specified folder rather it opens up windows search. how can i change that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowstech

windowstech

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Open My Computer
Click on the View drop down menu
Select Explorer Bar
Uncheck Search
Windows Tech
MCSE

#3 dovbaruch

dovbaruch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

Nope. First in my computer it "search" is already unselected. second i tried a step further and went into one of the folder and it was selected. there i unselected and it did not go to the specified folder it turn to a blank window. further when i went back to my computer and clicked the same folder that folder did not open rather the search opened up again. thanks for trying. Does anyone else have any ideas?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:12 AM

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll down to 18, try the one on the right.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users