Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

copy USB 4GB Thumb drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

Hopyfully someone out there has some experience with this.

I recently purchased Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 on a 4GB USB Drive (memory stick, thumb drive). What I would like to do is to make a backup copy of the drive for safe keeping. A process similar to making a copy of a software program CD/DVD for backup.

I have a spare 4GB memory stick on which to make the copy.

Can anyone provide detailed information on how to make this backup. Do I need to format the back-up drive as FAT-32 or whatever( I haven't looked yet as I wanted to get some information and advice first).

What program or utility would you recommend to make the copy?

Thank you all in advance for any and all input.

regards _ed_

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

I would recommend creating an image of your drive using something like Acronis True Image or Symantec Ghost. It usually takes a short time and the recovery is really easy.

Make a new image each week or month. :thumbsup:

I hope this helps.

DR

#3 AdamV

AdamV

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

Am I being especially dense here? Surely it's just a bunch of files, probably not even on a bootable device.

You should be able to do a straight drag and drop copy somewhere else, or burn to a DVD, or zip/rar them into an archive.

Am I missing something that makes this special in some way?
Due to global warming, eskimos now have more than 20 words for water John O'Farrell

Professional geek, consultant and trainer.
MCT, MCSA, MMI, MBMSS, CWNA, COS (I like to have lettuce after my name)
My personal blog - Getting IT right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users