Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to buy a new laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paras

paras

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:29 AM

Hello,
My friend is looking to buy a new laptop soon....
I have never bought a laptop and since dont know what things to watch out for and what specifications should be high to get a good performance..

his budget is around $2000 cdn and he is looking to buy a dell....

anyone have some suggestions on what things are good to have and stuff...

Paras
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

Hey, Paras. Dell has great technical support and can stand behind their product. I am sure there are some people that may read this and disagree with that....

Anyways, Dell has a couple of specials right now in Canada.

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/f...DHS1&l=en&s=dhs

As far as what things you need...I will let others jump in to that discussion.
But really, it is all what you are willing to spend... especially with laptops. What it is being used for is the other deciding factor. A custom built computer is a different story.

However, an Add-on that you should get with any computer is a USB key. You can back-up all of you data to the key, and have a little room to play with - depending on the size. I have a 2GB USB key to load Software and store my data, and it works great. No more disks for me...

Edited by Joshuacat, 05 August 2005 - 11:57 AM.

JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users