Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spcmdcom.sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ccrider

ccrider

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:11 AM

I downloaded a file that popped up when I tried to play a torrented video (Dexter) that I had downloaded. Then this began:

Two SECURITY TOOL icons installed on the taskbar.
One SECURITY TOOL icon installed on the desktop.
Continuous pop-ups warning my computer is infected.
Causes blue screen shut down, warning SPCMDCOM.SYS is infected.
Computer automatically shut down.
When I turn it on, it won't boot but instead goes to a blue screen.
Tried safe mode, last successful config(?), basically every option given when you press the f8 key at start-up.

I also tried using my xp recovery cd but didn't get anywhere with it either.

The problem may be compounded by the fact that its a MAC computer and I'm operating Windows XP Pro off a Bootcamp partition.

Right now, I'm on the MAC partition which is the only side I can start up and actually use...

At a loss for what to do next! Don't see how I can fix it if I can't even start up the hard disk...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! : )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

I will try to find someone more familiar with Bootcamp
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users