Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is threat fire of any use when I have a better protection?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sachin naik

sachin naik

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

I am getting so many benefits from avg its really good, and if I see my threat fire security its so quite, it does not do anything except for causing start up issues i.e. only incase if I use MBAM protection along with windows start up

So is it ok if I use threatfire along with avg, becoz its said that if we use more than one security software your security gets reduced by 30% in the background which u donít even notice

But the reason why I donít feel like uninstalling threatfire is because they say that threatfire is completely different from other products it doesnít require any definitions to protect u, but it has a behavior based protection which learns your application behavior and according gives you alert like when someone is trying to capture your key strokes secretly whereas all other products rely on definitions without which they are quiet

So should I uninstall threatfire as I have avg which has got many good features like active surf shield etc, of course I have separate anti rootkit tools, I also have spybot sd turned OFF, MBAM turned ON so why threatfire

but by the way who likes threatfire, do technicians really use it or its not required when u have avg and mbam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

Personally, I like the idea of ThreatFire as another layer of protection and have been running it together with AntiVirus and AntiMalware on all my computers for years with no problem.

Try out different things and see what works best for you.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob ) † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †† † † † † † † † † † † † † †

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

+1 for Threatfire. If you would like to see Threatfire in action you can try out Comodo Leak Test. Information about Comodo Leak Test and the download, clt.zip, can be found at: http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/securityte...test_suite.html.

Your AV may bark at you when you download the clt.zip file. Mine did so I had to over ride it's barking. If you decide to try this test you should at least backup your registry and set a restore point first. While I had no problems, it's best to be safe.

#4 sachin naik

sachin naik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

t6hanks for your support on TF

#5 albert12

albert12

• Banned Spammer
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

We can also use [Spam Link Removed ~ Animal] for better protection. It make us able to store our data at other location. In case of any data loss as a result of natural disaster, theft or virus, we can easily restore lost data stored on another server.
I think storing data on a remote server is the best option to protect data. What you will advice to do?

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

:thumbsup: to Threatfire. I use it along side Avast in realtime. Using MBAM and SAS as on-demand scanners.

Threatfire`s sensitivity is adjustable in accordance with the level of protection\alerts you wish to receive.

Right click on the icon in the taskbar then left click on ThreatFire. In the window that opens click on Settings on the left. On the right under General are several different options that can be set to your liking. In this instance you are looking at the Sensitivity Level setting.

oops. Just realized how old the OP was.

@ albert12. Just my opinion I do not like putting any of my data in other peoples care. I prefer and external storage device that is connected and turned on only when I have need for it.

Edited by ThunderZ, 22 January 2010 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users