Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to make System Recovery Disk in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brightlight864

brightlight864

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

I'm fairly good with computers; started out in 1984 with the old Apple IIe. Just upgraded from Vista 32 bit Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Aspire 5610Z laptop.

Haven't been able to make a system recovery disk; get the message that the files are not on either my hard drive or my upgrade installation disk. What now? How do I go about making this disk.

Thanks

brightlight 864

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

brightlight864,
You can always use imaging software to make a backup of your working system. In the event of a crash, hardware failure or corrupted system, you can easily restore the backup....some let you do this outside of Windows.
I rarely use the restore disk or program that is put on your hard drive by your computer manufacturer. The restriction is that it only images your drive from the factory so you go right back to the beginning of when you turned on your computer for the very first time.

Check this link for numerous freeware alternatives. Simply browse through the Hard Drive Utilities or the like.

I would personally recommend Acronis True Image. This is shareware but well worth the money. The thing I love about this program is that it allows you to make a bootable CD that you can carry with you and use on ANY computer (your friends, your work laptop, even one in an internet cafe) to make a complete system backup. The program is also very robust. For me, 5 out of 5 stars.

Get it here:
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users