Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer BSODs every time I try to boot it no matter what I do

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 peel

peel

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

So basically my comp goes to blue screen saying it's found a virus and must shut down each time I try booting (safe mode, last config, normal mode, etc)
The possible reason is: This: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_y...04180710AAJjwJp
I took their advice. I found only the process personalguard.exe on Task Manager, so I ended it. Then I did msconfig, ticked safe mode>networking. hit apply. It said something about I must be an Administrator to do this. But it turned off anyways and upon restart the Blue screen comes up. And from then on the blue screen comes up when I try to turn it on.
Help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LarsonPC

LarsonPC

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

Ah, BSODs are extremely frustrating. First, don't go insane about it and kick your computer like some people do! Relax and try to find a fix... :thumbsup:

Anyways, do you have the original Windows XP disc? If you do, you can do a recover install to repair the basic files needed to be loaded in order for the computer to boot properly. Please let me know and I can help you further

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:50 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#4 windowstech

windowstech

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

The best thing to try is a repair with the installation CD. If that doesn't work, reinstall the operating system.
Windows Tech
MCSE

#5 peel

peel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hi Ill try the CD if I can find it once I get home.

And how do I find the manufacturer and model on the computer?
And does reinstalling the system wipe the whole memory?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

Manufacturers (e.g., Dell, HP, eMachines, etc.) usually go to great lengths...to see that their name and model is displayed somewhere on the case of a computer system.

If it's a laptop...it may not be so obvious but it's probably there for viewing.

Louis

#7 peel

peel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hi I couldnt find the Windows XP installation disk but I found an XP disk that says (only use to reinstall and not install) I popped it in but nothing is diferent since the comp BSODs right after I select which mode to use.

#8 SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Location:C:\Universe\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\Canada\Quebec\Montreal\Home

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

Hey there,

If your sure it's an infection, what you can attempt to do, as your already pretty much stuck, is use a Bootable Antivirus clean-up CD. I personally have never used one but I have heard that the results can save a PC.

As for example,

http://www.techmixer.com/repair-and-rescue...ue-kit-live-cd/

I'm not sure if this will resolve your issue, but it's worth a shot.

Cheers.

#9 peel

peel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

ok the only possible cd i found does not load when i put it in. are these cds supposed to load once you log in because I BSOD way before I log on (right after I choose which mode to use) Is it because the CD is not the right kind? If so What do I do

#10 SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Location:C:\Universe\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\Canada\Quebec\Montreal\Home

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

Live CD boot as soon as you turn the CD on... Do you know what kind of BIOS you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users