Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant scan or run anything to scan this malware. need some assistance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malwareenemy

malwareenemy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I need some assistance/advice on how to remove this unknown malware/virus in my laptop. I'm currently using windows vista home basic sp2. I have encountered a problem just recently when defender notified me that I'am infected with something. The usual symptoms started showing up like advertisement etc. I tried scanning it using smithfraudfix, hijackthis, housecall,Rkill and MBAM all tends to start up correctly but once scanning start and finishes it automatically shuts off or crash. I tried opening all as admin by right clicking and choosing Run as Admin, but i get prompted by windows saying i need permission to do that even though I'am logged in as the admin. I disabled win vista backups and deleted temp files on main drive c. All windows firewall have been shutoff. I don't know what type of malware this is but that is the symptoms that are showing so far. I wish i can provide more info or paste the scanned results of hijackthis but this malware prevents any anti virus from completing its scan. if anyone knows how to fix/scan please let me know. This is beyond my capabilities. thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Let's try this sequence. If you have already downloaded this software, I would recommend redownloading it.

:trumpet: Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
  • Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
  • Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
  • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
:flowers: Please download RKill by Grinler

Link #1
Link #2
Link #3
Link #4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Download Link #1.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
    If you are using Vista please right click and run as Admin!
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and download Link #2.
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links tell me about it.
:thumbsup: Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users