Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

only got 12 colors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mcmikeya

mcmikeya

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:43 AM

help me plzzz, !!!! :-)
av ad 2 reinstall windows coz my computer deleted some windows files but after i did this my computer must of reset all of my settings! now ive only got 12 colors on my computer. i got told to change it on control panel but i only have a choice of 2 colors or 12 colors so they told me 2 download my graphics again. i spent 1 hour downloading my graphics n when i have gone to install it my computer told me its cant find any downloads that fit the hardware / software of my computer? i asked for help again and sum1 told me to reformat my computer and reinstall windows! is this wat i shud b doin if so how do i do it and wat shud i watch out for? sum1 please help me its takin the piss n i feel like chucking it out of the window.
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:02 AM

I will be glad to help you but first you will have to help me.

What is your operating system?
What video card are you using?
Is the video card factory or add-on?
Is you computer up-to-date?
www.windowsupdate.com
Have you checked to make sure you are virus & spyware free? They can cause all kinds of problems.

See this article:
Taking out the Trash
Show all Files & Folders
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...showtutorial=62
Try these free tools.
Trendmicro (free virus scan only)
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Adware SE (update after installing)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
Spybot S&D (update after installing)
http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest...4-10122137.html

#3 mcmikeya

mcmikeya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:40 AM

k mate thanks

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

Yes we will help.
Answer the questions regarding your video card & use the cleaning programs to clean your computer.

#5 mcmikeya

mcmikeya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:00 PM

i dont know how to find out about my graphics card! av tried to find it inside my comp but i have been told there on my computer! i need alot of help

#6 Adam315

Adam315

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:10 PM

I think what River_rat is asking you about your video card

Is When you bought the computer, was the video card already in it.

OR did you buy that video card seperately.

-IF you bought your computer at a name brand store, most likely they have the specs listed for the machine (including the video card) on their website, or the manufacturers website.

-Another way to found out, is if you open up your computer casing ***This will void ALL computer warrranties

The graphics/video card is going to be the one that the monitor is plugged into. Follow the cords from the back of your monitor and it will be the one connected to the tower.

Once you find that, usually on the top(looking down at the card installed) it will display what kind of video card you have.

I hope this isnt too much information.

Let me know if that helps at all.

-Adam

#7 mcmikeya

mcmikeya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:28 PM

yeh great help, a dint buy the computer thogh mi dad did! my graphics card was already on the computer coz there isnt any inside. how does this affect it, wud this make it harder?

#8 Adam315

Adam315

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:52 AM

Well the easiest way to go about it then, if he bought it at a name brand store.

Is if you can find the Manufacturer. along with the model number, usually you can pull up the specs on the machine, and it will tell you what video card you have in there.

(provided he didnt upgrade anything)

If you post the Manufacturer and the Model number, i can try to find it for you. and most likely provide a link to the drivers if applicable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users