Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Search Results Pop-Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 siouxdax

siouxdax

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

Hello all:
I need some help with some odd behavior in Windows Explorer. When I double-click on folders in the navigation pane (left pane) it behaves as expected, the clicked folder appears on the right-hand pane. But if I double-click on a folder in the right-hand pane, a new window pops up with the words "search results" in the address bar at the top. It does not show the folder contents in the original window (Windows Explorer). I am forced to use the left-hand pane to navigate.

One thing that may be related to this issue: in addition to Windows Explorer, I use Xplorer2. I think this has something to do with my problem. On the toolbar in Windows Explorer there is a menu labeled "search" with the Xplorer2 icon. Upon clicking it, the same "search results" window pops up.

So, is there anyone out there that can help me with this?

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

Not sure why you're running both explorers particularly if you are now on Windows 7.
Suggest you take Xplorer2 off your PC and see if the issue is resolved.

#3 siouxdax

siouxdax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

Hello:
Actually, I wound up fixing the problem. It was that Xplorer2 was set to serve as a replacement for Windows Explorer. Reinstalled it and everything was perfect. I love Xplorer2, and use it every day on Windows 7. Sure Windows Explorer has made leaps and bounds, but I still have a soft spot for Xplorer2.

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users