Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Recovery Disk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

I am helping a friend that has a HP ze2000 Inspirion laptop running Windows XP. She had a student at school take and work on the computer. Apparently he put some "Non Genuine" Microsoft programs on the compueter. She also has not kept virus protection on the computer for the past year. I'm sure she needs to reformat to clean out the problems.

Her daughter in law purchased the "identical" computer at the same time she bought hers. She can't find her recovery disk but her daughter in law does have hers.

My question is if I can use the recovery disk from her daughter in law to wipe her computer and put in computer back in the same condition as when she first got it.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:59 AM

Probably.

HP offers OEM disks for all their computers for a nominal fee. I just ordered a set of v6000 disks for 16.00.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...0334&dlc=en

However. HP does not make Inspiron laptops. They make HP pavilion and Compaq Presario.

Dell makes Inspiron and dell and hp recovery disks are not compatible with each other. It could be spectacular but probably not pretty.

I hope you had a typo and the above info will help.

You need to go into the hp site with the part number and serial number of the computer to get to the place where you can order the disks. Next day shipping is available for a fee.

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hey Ken-In-West Seat,

You are right. I was working on both a Dell and a HP and got the model numbers inter changed. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users