Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sjsharks

sjsharks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

OK, I read the removal instructions for Antivirus pro, but I could not get malwarebytes or combofix to run except in safe mode. This did not remove the malware. Also, none of the registry edits were the same as in the removal instructions. Finally, I read this forum and ran rkill and stopped the processes and ran superAntispyware. I am runnning everything else now, but have already spent 3 hours on this issue!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

Don't run ComboFix. See the note in blue above^^ We don't want to turn your computer into a vegetable.

Please post your MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware logs. Thanks

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 sjsharks

sjsharks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

Don't run ComboFix. See the note in blue above^^ We don't want to turn your computer into a vegetable.

Please post your MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware logs. Thanks

I got rid of it with a combination of SuperAntiSpyware and Combo Fix and then Malware bytes. The process killer "rkill" made it all possible, but that program even killed it the first 2 tries every time. I also had to do a registry clean afterwards, because even after all of the malware was killed, it still had a popup on reboot. The PC ran fine all day, it was just a loooooong night.

Thanks to the help from all of the problems posted here, it is a great resource for finding a roadmap as to what to do. :thumbsup:

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Glad everything worked out :thumbsup:

safe surfing

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users