Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet speed droped

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wackattack

wackattack

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hi for about a day now my download speed and upload speed drops alot. can someone help me fix this?

well just wanted to edit to say that speeds keep changing all the time hard to say but most of the time its been slow. and if it helps i use windows xp and comcast internet.

i did a test and some hours its pefect and some hours its very bad the worst is 17% of packets lost with alot of jitter.

Thanks in advance,
Wackattack :thumbsup:

Edited by wackattack, 04 November 2009 - 11:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

May not be under your control. Try running tracerotes and keeping track and help your ISP isolate the problem. When you say 17% packet loss that tells me it's unlikely on your end or something you can fix. This has the makings of an ISP issue, IMHO.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 wackattack

wackattack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

how do i run trace rotes? how can i help islolate the problem? thanks

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Use the following guide. How do I run a traceroute The location you want to trace is the destination, for example is Bleeping Computer. Keep a log of the trace routes to various sites or the ones specifically you have problems with, and see if there is a common 'hop' that consistently show speed drop off. Then you can do ping tests and see if that coincides with your packet loss and slow down issues.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 wackattack

wackattack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

but the hours it lags all sites are equally slow and my game i play is very laggy aswell. i did the tracerout thing but when it finished the window closed so no way to save it. im just going to call the internet ppl when i get the chance

Edited by wackattack, 04 November 2009 - 08:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users