Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse scroll is out of control and keyboard went bad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dug_down_deep

dug_down_deep

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hello, and thanks for being here.

I am working on my mother's computer. She has Windows XP SP3. Recently, she had a Microsoft keyboard stop working, so she had it replaced and had her system 'cleaned' by the local computer shop. Now the mouse is not working. The scroll only works some of the time, and often the window jumps around haphazardly as though you are spinning the scroll wheel up and down erratically.

I installed Security 360 and Spybot S&D and did scans. S360 found a Trojan, a Keylogger, and something else, but they were all in Restore files, so I don't know if they are active or not. Spybot found only tracking cookies.

The mouse is still behaving erratically, and I suspect it's the keylogger making it do that. Also, the screen saver never comes on. The screen blinks when it is supposed to go to the screensaver, but then it quickly refreshes and goes back to the desktop. This occurs without any user input.

Can you help me figure out if any nasties are living in this machine? TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dug_down_deep

dug_down_deep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Is anyone monitoring this forum? If there's no assistance to be had here, someone please tell me so I can move on to another forum. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users