Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A problem has been detected (technical information)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yesenia0628

Yesenia0628

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hello everyone how are you all doing? Ok here goes about one week ago I installed Netdog to block XXX sites. Everything was going well until my boyfriend used the computer and he was searching for hours trying to get into a XXX site so he did and my computer caught a major virus. I did everything I could I did a Malwarebytes scan restarted the computer, then did a Hijackthis scan and someone helped me fix some things everything seemed to be going good, until I tried to download a torrent and that brought the same virus back. I used combofix after and everything was going back to normal. When I was ready to turn the PC off it said that there were some updates that need to be installed while the computer turned off. The next day when I turned the PC back on it wouldn't log on at all. It would just go to a black screen asking if I wanted to log on in safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc.... Whatever I selected just made the PC restart to do the same thing. I did a system recovery; everything was good again (even though I lost everything). I decided to download NetDog again to block those sites. Again Yesterday (Nov.2) my BF used the computer and found another site that netdog didn't block and my PC caught another virus. I did the malwarebytes again and restarted then did the Hijackthis. Someone was helping me the whole day but by the time I did the Hijackthis scan that person logged off the computer, I decided to wait till that person logged on inorder to continue with the fixing. I just left the hijackthis scan open all day waiting. I did not want to turn the PC off for the reason that I didnít want to lose the hijackthis scan. While I waited for that person I clicked start>>turn off computer>>>I saw that the turn off said that some updates need to be installed but I just put it in standby. To kill time I decided to watch a movie online with my daughter and the computer just restarted on its own and did the same thing it did a week ago, couldn't log on at all. I selected start windows normal it just restarted while the PC restarted I pressed the F8 and got more selections; I selected one that said something like do not shut off on system failure. I took a pic with my camera of the blue screen, did a system recovery with saved data. (Not to lose my some documents). I'm posting this cause I'm afraid it's going to happen again. Iím also afraid to turn the computer off when it says that some updates need to be installed, I really do not want to be doing a system recovery. Sorry for this log post.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yesenia0628

Yesenia0628
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

can someone please help me

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

The STOP error, IMO...is only a symptom of your problems.

But...I can respond to the STOP error.

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, scroll down to 7E in left column...read.

So you see...that error message only tells us that something is wrong. You describe malware situations, so anything wrong today could just be the effect of prior or current malware on the system. Files get damaged in the process of user attempts to remove known malware and some forms of malware just spawn damage on the system directly.

The best that I can suggest...do a search of your system partition (Start/Run...type *.dmp and hit Enter or OK) for any dump files which may have been created. If existing, these may provide more clues than we currently have.

If any are found, follow the steps outlined at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ .

Louis

#4 veruanna

veruanna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

Another thing I would definitely do once you have sorted the computer out is: NOT LET YOUR BF BACK ON IT! Tell him to get his own!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users