Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail account hijacked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RRL

RRL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

I opened an email that appeared to be from a friend. However, it contained this spam message, word for word (Don't worry; this is NOT a copy-and-paste; I transcribed it by hand so as not to pass the cooties on):

"Hey friend, I find a site to sell electronic products with very good price. Laptop, iPhone even Motorcycle are very popular. and their products are original quality with very low price as wholesale business supplier. They also can do retail business for end user now, maybe it is fit for your business. If you like you can contact them:
www.wholesalers-electronic.com
E-mail: wholesaler318@188.com
Msn: Wholesaler31888@hotmail.com."

I immediately deleted it, then got a prompt saying that my auto-vacation reply was on! I went in, saw that it was, then turned it off.

I answered another email, and when I hit "reply," that SAME SPAM MESSAGE appeared in the message box. I tried closing and opening different messages, and every time I hit reply, the same thing would happen. I sent no messages to anyone.

I ran AVAST! which found one virus, and I deleted it. I rebooted, then ran Spybot and Ad-Aware back to back (Spybot found then fixed 7 problems), then rebooted again. But my Hotmail account still has the same problem. If I try to reply to a message, that !@#$%^&!! spam message pops right up. I am at my wit's end!

I tried googling that message and found that while other people have had the same problem, no solution seems to be presenting itself. Someone suggested a link, but when I clicked on it, I got a message that said, "Sorry -- The page you are seeking is not available."

I have so much work to do involving emailing and posting online and I am afraid to do it until I fix this awful problem. I don't want to infect anyone else's computer.

THANK YOU,
RRL i

Edited by The weatherman, 03 November 2009 - 07:21 PM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs (No log posted) to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users