Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Medai Codec is Corrupt

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mizzou030303

mizzou030303

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

I believe I have a trojan or some kind of spyware, when I start my PC my screen saver will not load up and in the bottom right corner next to the time I have a red circle with a white X that says "Fatal Error! The media system on your computer is corrupt. Update your video codec immediately to resolve the issue. "

If I double click on it then it trys to open to the web using "G5readericon45g.exe" and will go to a site "http://wincodec.net/?id=8" and this of course asks you to pay for a video codec. I have downloaded windows media player 11 which says it has all the needed codecs but this did not resolve the issue. I have also tried to do a system restore and that did not work either. I have also noticed that I can not access task manager and I have no programs listed under add/remove programs named wincodec or anything simliar to remove.

If anyone has experienced anything like this or knows how to remove it please advise, thanks!

Edited by The weatherman, 03 November 2009 - 07:23 PM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs (No log posted) to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users