Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP conflict error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

I purchased a new PC and I get access via an extenal USB wirless card.

The problem is now my other PC with is directly connected to the Verizon FIOS router has an IP conflict error with a another device ( my new PC)

Sometimes shutting off the PC with the IP conflict resolves the problem, sometimes using IPconfig with renews solves the problems

Is there a way to permantely solve this conflict error

Thanks

T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

If the older PC has a static IP it can happen because the DHCP part of the router doesn't know about the static IP.

On the older PC: click Start -> run -> type cmd and hit Enter -> in the box type ipconfig /all and hit Enter.

Look for the line: Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

If it has a No on that line, then it has a static IP. And you'll need to set the older PC to "Obtain an IP address automatically" or if it has to have a static IP for some reason give it a high number like 150 or something. This page shows you how to check it and change it if needed. Don't use the numbers they do on the page, use the numbers that show in the ipconfig /all that you type.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 ramsey76

ramsey76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

Thanks

This old andf PC are use Vista.

The answer to the DHCP was YES

There is currently no conflict

Is this fixed ?

Thanks

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

You tell me. You said sometimes doing certain things fixes it, so maybe time will tell?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users