Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus screenshots, advice please

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lib-R-tee

Lib-R-tee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

It's been a long night for me so apology in advance if I leave out needed info or overlooked possible solutions in forum.

For starters a baseline on my computer experience:

Years: Many. Decades. Started with DOS on floppy disk desktop PC and a mainframe terminal . Have used just about every edition of Windows and DOS.
Technical experience: Some formal training in the military and high school, strictly user-level (DOS, Excel). Self-taught hardware diagnosis, system administration, networking, and PC tweaking (overclocking, liquid cooling, system building) Some skill crossover gained from high-end automotive technical occupation. Internet: long-time participation in message board discussions on topics ranging the gambit from sports to sports media, economics and trade policy, to politics and antitrust enforcement. At one time gained a high level of recognition and influence within at least one of the aforementioned categories. In effect I became a spokesperson for the larger community of consumers and low to mid level business associates who felt their concerns were not being met, or even acknowledged by an increasingly powerful, yet ever-shrinking, percentage of corporate players. In response outward retaliation on part of PR reps, webmasters, protected message board trolls, etc, became more frequent and brazed as time went by. This created a climate of censorship and intimidation, which ultimately spread from corporate-run website boards to the cozier, independently managed variety. Evidently the most popular of these were very discreetly sold off without formal announcement.

Finally, the point of the matter; Troll games or unmistakably heavy-handed moderation, while frustrating, didn't deter me from participation. Intrusions into my computer (and possibly even my DVR (!)) came next. However for over a year I've been dealing with so many hardware failures and virus attacks I've been virturally absent from the debate. I"ve been through two motherboards and at least six dead hard drives, with one hdd spontaneously going into a low-level format process! Changing routers hasn't worked, neither has a long list of antivirus and firewall products.

Right now I'm preparing to destroy the boot sector and partitioning table of a 500gb Hitachi SATA drive which came OEM with a HP desktop dual-core. The computer was purchased one month ago and this will be my second OS reinstall on the machine. I have two other PC running a variety of Linux and Windows operating systems, both have been attacked and lost their original file systems.

Here are two screen shots from the Hitachi 500GB:

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv126/W.../protected1.png

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv126/WOT110/hitachi1.png

In the past I've been able to identify and rectify virus and spyware issues without resorting to help. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Posting screenshot of Combofix files, the tool became infected

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv126/W...nt=combofix.png

So did HijackThis

Edited by Lib-R-tee, 03 November 2009 - 11:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users