Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rat Shack @ MajicJack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

Morning guys: I installed the above in my latest Vista Ultimate rig. Got it up and going, 2nd call I made to good ol Mom, she lost my viop but I could still hear her? Any ideas or someone else have and fix this problem? Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:51 AM

Do not have a clue what Rat Shack is.

I do run MagicJack though. The lose of one way communication could have been caused by any number of things including a hic-up with the ISP not MJ.

I have found MJ to be very proprietary and a bit of a resource hog. I run it on a dedicated tower that is used only for it and as a print server. Do not think I could tolerate it`s behavior on my main tower.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

I'm going to make an assumption that 'Rat Shack' is a less than glowing reference to a company known as RadioShack, which is a seller of magicjack.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

@ Animal :blink:

Should`a realized. Been a long time since I have even walked into on of their stores.

#5 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for the responses, I like Radio Shack for no.12 copper interconnects to speakers, and the Magicjack is much better now that I downloaded a Vista driver update for it. Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#6 damedic

damedic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

:blink:

I really love MJ!

Ocassionally I have a problem with some clarity, but that is almost always because of the 'puter.

I just reboot & problems gone!

Magic Jack! :wacko:

And absolutely, you just can't beat the upfront cost of a $70.00 price tag for 5 full years of phone service!! :)

NO more phone bills, YAY - That is the coolest part :)

Check it out if you haven't already. Google it! If you never heard of it
IBM Desktop, w/Intel Pentium 4 HyperThreading - 3000 MhZ, XP Pro SP3, 512 DDR, 80GB Hard Drive

By Author Unknown

"Life was so much easier when your clothes didn't match and girls had cooties!"

#7 monkeymays

monkeymays

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

I have been thinking about getting MJ for a 'home line'. We all use cell phones, but in this small town and in the bad weather, our service goes out. Yes! Our cell service goes out! Not very often, but in the 6 months we have lived here, it's went out for a whole day and night once, and a few hours the second time. :blink:

Anyway, you say $70 up front for 5 years... I'm not sure I would want to commit to 5 right off the bat. Isn't a full year included when you purchase it for $19.95 (or whatever) from the retailer?

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg
Fascinating... no really... I'm listening, please... go on... >.<

#8 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:37 AM

The device is $19.99 and 1 year service is $20.00 or about. I use Stelera wireless WiFi router and that may be the reason my MagicJack is unpredictable in reception,Alan

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#9 Jener1

Jener1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Curious about MagicJack - are there any potential security issues with using it? I read somewhere a while back that said MJ tracked calls, etc. Jen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users