Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uniblue disk rescue is it any gd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:37 AM

title says it all

thnx for your input

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,253 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

It's good for whomever is selling it...if that's what you mean.

If you are asking is the outlay of cash justified...then my answer would be a question: Just what is it that you think this program will do...that cannot be done safer and more reliably...by currently existing free software, combined with the knowledge of others?

My impression is that it's a defrag utility, there are plenty of those around that do the job...without costing anything.

FWIW: I paid for a defrag utility (Perfect Disk) because I tend to move my files around a lot (2 systems, 8 hard drives) and I liked the optional characteristics of the program, compared to the XP defrag utility.

Beauty is in the eye of the...buyer :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 gully786

gully786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

i can get it for free, offically free

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,253 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Everything that's free...doesn't necessarily have a positive value :thumbsup:.

The question is...what do you think you will be gaining...by installing this application on your system?

That's how I approach installing additional programs onto my systems. If no or negligible value, I don't install them.

Louis

#5 gully786

gully786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Thats the thing i want some1 elses advice on whether it actually speeds up the system or whether it doesnt do much

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,253 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

Any defrag of the system...will theoretically enable smoother/faster functioning of the system.

The Importance of Disk Defragmentation - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/the-importance-of-disk-defragmentation/

That said, it's hard to say that any particular utility actually performs basic file defrag functions better than another. The biggest knock that some users have on the Windows defrag utility has to do with inability to defrag the pagefile and certain other types of files, I've not seen anyone who has stated that it doesn't do the basics of defragging well.

Louis

#7 gully786

gully786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

so using windows defrag will do exactly the same thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users