Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does pressing ' Bring up the FIND toolbar in Firefox ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

...bc it does to me. i dont think it ever did that b4. i dont remember.

yesterday i was posting a message in a forum and everytime i typed ' it would bring up the FIND toolbar and begin typing in it.

i did a fresh install of firefox today and now its not doing it (when typing something in a window). which is good/better. but it still does it when i click OUTSIDE of a typing window/box and do it.

' has the same effect as Ctrl + F

is this normal for firefox 1.0.6 ? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

No...its not normal. Sometimes firefox would do the same thing. Iw ould be typing and it would bring up the find box. This is a bug

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

I checked the shortcuts in FF Help, and it seems that "'" when you are not entering text is something they call "find as you type link."
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:48 PM

Interesting...I always used control-f. For me, at times, even when typing it would bring up the find box with certain letters. Would get annoying and restarting firefox would fix it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users